What does building a website involve?
Web design encompasses many different skills and disciplines in the development and maintenance of websites, these include
- information analyse: what is the purpose of the website, what can someone find or do
- web graphic design: the form, colours, fonts and images to be used
- interface design: how users can interact with a website (structure, navigation)
- authoring: adding text, images and other content to the website
- installing & adapting software: choosing aand implementing the right applications / tools
- user experience design: how users experience a website
- SEO: ensuring search engines (Google / Bing etc) understand your site and that users can find it
Employing many years experience and knowledge, I combine these elements to build a website that meets your needs and enhances your company or organisation. When required I work other specialists, such as a graphic designer and text writers, to provide their specialist skills and services.